- Your benefits are paid by the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority pension scheme and calculated on final earnings and total service, including added years.
- Purchase of added years gives you increased pension, lump sum and family benefits in the same proportions as your United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority pension scheme benefits.
- If you die in service or are ill health retired the full number of added years applied for are credited.*
- Purchase is normally by periodical deductions from your salary.
- Periodical contributions are a fixed percentage of your salary payable to age 60. The percentage is fixed by reference to your age when you start buying added years, being greater the older you are when beginning the contract.
- You may cancel your agreement to buy added years but not on more than two occasions.
* This does not apply to added years contracts which began prior to 1985.
For further information about purchasing added years please see the attached Added years information. Please note the costs shown are based on a retirement age of 60.
© UK Atomic Energy Authority 2013. Disclaimer